The Ombudsman Western Australia has published a strategic plan for the period 2016-2018, which details the ‘vision’, ‘mission’, key stakeholders, ‘values’, strategic direction and ‘key measures of success’ for the organisation. The ‘vision’ and ‘mission’ and ‘values’ are provided below.
Lawful, reasonable, fair and accountable decision making and practices by public authorities.
To serve Parliament and Western Australians by:
- receiving, investigating and resolving complaints about State Government agencies, local governments and universities
- reviewing certain child deaths and family and domestic violence fatalities
- improving public administration for the benefit of all Western Australians through own motion investigations and education and liaison programs with public authorities
- undertaking a range of additional functions, including statutory inspection and monitoring functions.
The Ombudsman Western Australia values being:
- independent and impartial
- accountable (rigorous, responsible and efficient).
The full version of the Strategic Plan 2016-2018 can be found on the Ombudsman Western Australia website.